At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability. We provide always-on alerting, visualization, tracing, and logging for our customers' infrastructure and applications.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. You’ll join a team that helps inform our data-driven strategies, and helps us better understand both our customers and our own operations. Your role will be: one part data engineering, one part analytics, and one part working with people to discover data, use data, and communicate findings.
The team is still new and small, but will scale rapidly in the next few months.
In a typical week you might:
- Develop new data pipelines
- Instrument pipelines to detect anomalies
- Tune Spark jobs for efficiency
- Talk with a product team and help collect and show them data they need to make decisions
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Present findings to team leads and executives
- Assess our analytical needs, and work with engineering teams to better instrument parts of our product and produce new datasets
- You can work with data in a language such as Python, R, or Julia.
- You are a SQL expert.
- You’ve mastered data analysis and visualization in Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau and/or similar.
- You're comfortable using command line tools to gather data from a wide range of systems.
- You can explain complex datasets in understandable ways.
- A natural curiosity and investigative mindset - driven to know “why”.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on both autonomy and collaboration.
Read Full Description
- Experience with AWS Redshift, S3, Google Big Query/Cloud Dataproc, Spark, Hive, Hadoop