Gigya (Gigya is now part of SAP)
Global Services Technical Consultant – Western USA
Location: Mountain View, CA or Western Region (Remote work)
Gigya helps companies turn unknown site visitors into known, loyal and engaged customers. More than 700 of the world’s leading enterprises, including 50% of the comScore top 100 US web properties, rely on Gigya to build identity-driven relationships with their customers while powering scalable, secure customer identity management.
Gigya is growing quickly, and we are expanding our Global Services team. This team works closely with innovative customers to implement and integrate Gigya’s products into a wide variety of customer platforms. In this position, you will put your expertise to use to influence customer architecture decisions, provide insightful and creative solutions, and develop successful implementations. Be ready to hit the ground running with your technical capabilities, critical and creative thinking, and a passion for fast-paced problem solving. Gigya is at an exciting stage of growth as the enterprise infrastructure market is rapidly expanding. More than 700 leading brands have implemented our technology, and we need smart, energetic, capable consultants to fuel our growth.
The Global Services Technical Consultant will report to the Regional Practice Manager for the East Region, as part of Gigya Global Services organization. This is primarily a remote position, with expectation of 25% travel to customer sites for workshop sessions and internal company events.
- Leverage technical acumen in order to provide world class post-sales consulting, implementation and delivery for enterprise customers across the region.
- Achieve billable and customer utilization targets.
- Provide technical leadership for multiple customers concurrently in various stages of their project implementation.
- Engage the customer and drive the technical discussion at remote and onsite workshop sessions, facilitated in concert with Global Services Implementation Consultant.
- Apply judgment for customer design decisions and architecture, helping with the optimal technical solution leveraging the Gigya platform across web-based, mobile, and IoT digital properties.
- Capture customer design decisions and architecture in cohesive Technical Design Documentation that fits the standards of Gigya Global Services project methodology.
- Enable customer development teams and their agencies on the configuration and use of the Gigya platform during their implementation cycles (waterfall or Agile), via the appropriate level of professional technical consulting
- Develop and share client-side and server-side code examples, to further enable customer teams on harnessing the power of the Gigya platform
- Design, code, and test appropriate level of customizations that are identified, reviewed, and allowed within the project scope and budget
- Plan and execute strategy for the migration of existing accounts, subscriptions, and user registration records from existing customer systems into the Gigya platform
- Design and Implement scheduled batch ETL processes to sync data between the Gigya platform and customer’s auxiliary systems
- Support the customer with formal QA and UAT review, as well as pre-launch preparation and planning
- Assist customer with go-live production launch and appropriate level of hypercare support
- identifying opportunities to maximize customer’s business value of Gigya, and with the support of Global Services and Account Management departments, upsell additional product or service
- 5+ years of mobile and/or web development and customer facing experience, not necessarily at the same time
- Server-side development experience with at least one server platform such as .NET, Java, PHP, and/or node.js
- Strongly prefer development experience with mobile platforms, including iOS (Objective C and Swift), Android
- Strongly prefer previous experience with SaaS platforms
- Ideal candidate has had external customer facing experience, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders
- Ideal candidate also demonstrates “hustle” and has the ability to work with multiple customers simultaneously
- B.S. or M.S degree, with preference on technical study with Computer Science or Engineering
Gartner Gives Gigya The Highest Score for the B2C Use Case in IDaaS
We’re delighted to announce that Gartner, Inc., the leading provider of research and analysis on the global information technology industry, has given Gigya the top product score for the Business-to-Consumer (B2C) use case, with a score of 4.12 out of 5, in their new report “Critical Capabilities for Identity and Access Management as a Service, Worldwide.”1
The report evaluates the suitability of 18 vendors for three Identity as a Service (IDaaS) use cases – workforce to SaaS, traditional/legacy workforce, and business-to-consumer.
We believe this use case distinction demonstrates a clear difference between B2B use cases, which focus on locking down enterprise networks to make sure only authorized employees gain access, and the B2C use case, which focuses on building trusted relationships that transform unknown online users into known customers.
1 Gartner “Critical Capabilities for Identity and Access Management as a Service, Worldwide,” by Neil Wynne and Gregg Kreizman, 29 September 2016.
Read Full Description