What Financial Planning & Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions.
- Analyzes business trends
- leads and aligns financial forecasts and long range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis. Able to clearly communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
- Creates financial models and scenarios as a key input for business planning decisions in areas such as capital deployment, sourcing, product development, marketing strategies, and acquisitions.
- Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
- Performs customer and product profitability analysis and makes investment and pricing decisions. Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, margin expansion and a more favorable mix (i.e., driving preferred products and services).
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
Accountabilities in this Role
- Partner with the Strategic Accounts Sales team on deal modeling, go to market analysis, and Ad-Hoc analysis
- Liaise with the internal finance teams to develop reporting package for Strategic Accounts Sales leadership team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on customer and deal profitability
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues