At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 and plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
About the Role
We are looking for a Front End Software Engineer to join the Convene team. You’ll be joining at the start of our transformation to a Technology organization; designing, building and implementing applications supporting the technology to drive “Workplace-As-A-Service”. You’ll be developing our Direct Booking and Ecommerce apps, industry leading mobile apps as well as integrating into our Elevate Platform, all with cutting-edge Technologies to give the flexibility and conveniences of a modern workplace to our customers. We work on a broad range of business initiatives and objectives by leveraging a wide set of technologies and tools. Our developers, product managers and business representatives work in an agile process to efficiently deliver high value solutions to our customers.
- Interested in solving challenging business problems with elegant software.
- Well-versed in software engineering principles and system design.
- A top-notch developer who enjoys building software products and quickly seeing how they work in the real world.
- Someone who enjoys working on a team of inspired, interesting and super-smart engineers.
- Excited to contribute in a rapidly growing and successful company.
- You know how to have fun while you work.
- Interested in joining a dynamic, creative, and innovative tech organization at the ground level
- Is a self-starter with a “can do” attitude
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
What You’ll do
- Working with designers, business analysts and operations teams to develop dynamic client-side web applications across most areas of our business.
- Prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Working closely with UX and Graphic Designers to turn wireframes and visual designs into working prototypes.
- Developing and optimizing front-end UI to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environments.
- Writing clean, scalable, standards-compliant, reusable, quality code
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies.
- Innovate. We constantly improve our core products and turn a prescient eye to the industry.
- Explore new technologies and have fun finding the best tools.
- Identify and implement process improvements
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent coding and design skills. You make software that works and can be tested and maintained.
- Will own deliverables for our web apps and front end
- Has some familiarity with current development tools such as Jenkins, Git, bower, npm and bundle
- Enjoys working within a team environment
- Has a fun personality and the desire to be a part of the next big thing
Read Full Description