Cloud Operations Engineer Lead
Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak 30 languages.
Our mission at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Salesforce and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
A day in our Vancouver office!
What does the Cloud Operations team do ?
Cloud Operations provides SLA backed end-to-end managed service solutions. This covers support, governance, optimisation and security from full service / application outsource to acting as an infrastructure resolver group for AWS and Azure cloud services.
How will you spend your days ?
We are looking for an excellent Cloud Operations Engineer Lead to act as a technical mentor for Cloud Operations Engineers and Analysts, and act as an escalation point for customer issues when required. The individual will own clearly defined parts of our automated management and monitoring systems, and help set the technical vision for the future of Cloud Operations.
How to stand out?
- 5+ years relevant technical work experience as a 3rd level support specialist or similar
- Excellent Linux, Windows, Networking and Systems Engineering Skills
- Experience delivering and resolving complex Problems, Incidents and Escalations to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained
- Experience identifying where automated solutions can be implemented and developing relevant tooling to aid in the delivery of first class service
- Experience liaising directly with customers when an escalation or sensitive issue arises, ensuring communication is clear, formative and presented in a manner reflective of varying technical levels
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP protocol stack including experiencing with advanced routing and switching implementations
- Comprehensive understanding of Cloud technologies and included philosophies such as elasticity and horizontal scaling
- Awareness of core security concepts related to Systems, Networks and Cloud technologies
- Excellent scripting and automation skills in either Azure or AWS
- Ability to troubleshoot pragmatically core Enterprise technologies such as Microsoft Windows Roles and Features, Linux Concepts and Services, 3rd Party Vendor Applications and understanding of Open Source products
- Understanding of DevOps concepts such as CI-CD, Microservices, As a Service technologies as well as configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- Ability to script in PowerShell, Bash, Python or Ruby
- Customer centric and realize the value of providing excellent customer service
- Understanding of ITIL framework and its processes
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor, and a smartphone
- Unlimited vacation days and your birthday off every year
- Cool ‘Cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate, and easy to work with
- A well-rounded benefits package including great health benefits and BC MSP coverage. We also believe in rewarding work when it’s done; if you do something amazing, we’ll give you a spot bonus
- We provide world-class training and career development opportunities through our Cloudy University
- Good food (free snacks and drinks in the office) and team ‘cloudy’ lunches, where we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Our cool Gastown office is filled with great amenities like bean-bags, pool and foosball tables, an Xbox and big screen TVs!
- Quarterly meetings around in Vancouver and an annual kick off event in a cool secret North American destination