Design, develop and manage cutting edge Cloud and Hybrid based DevOps, Build, Orchestration and other CI/CD solutions in complex multi-layer enterprise environments. Provide support and guidance to Micro Focus SaaS R&D & Operations Teams and other internal product teams around the world.
Work closely and effectively with worldwide teams of R&D & Ops engineers, to assist the development and the deployment of the SaaS platforms.
- Responsible for the designing, implementation and managing of the Micro Focus SaaS Platform Deployments across on premise environments and the AWS cloud.
- Develops automatic provisioning & maintenance solutions with Ansible, and Terraform on Linux and cloud environments.
- Implements monitoring (prometheus.io), logging (ELK), and auditing capabilities to achieve full visibility on Lab and Production environments.
- Apply advanced AWS and Kubernates approaches for improving the product deployment architecture.
- Improve the existing CI/CD flows, based on Jenkins, Maven, Git, and various automation and unit testing frameworks.
- Perform regular maintenance activities, including security assessment and patching, system cleanup and support activities.
- Document the environment configurations, and the solution design for the current and the planned states.
- Support issues investigations and collaborate with other teams, to provide solutions on issues.
- Participate in the DevOps backlog planning.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and trainings for less experienced personnel.
- Promote DevOps culture and practices in the Micro Focus SaaS group and Product Teams.
- User Stories, Features and Design Documents are delivered in timely manner, as agreed
- Tasks and assignments and commitments are handled accurately
- Productivity & efficiency
- Seniority and Professionalism
- Micro Focus SaaS RnD Teams
- SaaS Operations, Infrastructure Services, DBA Teams
- Micro Focus Product R&D and Operations Teams
- Security & Compliance, Product Management, and Strategy Teams
- Micro Focus Partners & Service Providers
Education (degree) and professional experience required:
- Bachelor degree in computer sciences / technology or other relevant.
- 6+ years of experience as either Software Developer, System Administrator, Automation QA
- Fluent in English language
Personal skills and qualities:
- Very good verbal and written communications skills
- Great analytical thinking, tracking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Very good time management and prioritization skills and working with tough deadlines
- Self-learner, and driver, team player with ability to adapt to a changing application/platform
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Advanced experience with Linux servers, Dockers, VMs. Windows is a plus.
- Good knowledge and understanding of networking (Firewalls, Load balancers, DNS).
- Good command of SQL servers and databases, preferably Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with multi-tier Web Applications, High Availability, Java Application Servers.
- Knowledge of the AWS technology platform is advantage (possibly Azure & OpenStack).
- Experience with DevOps Stacks: Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Terraform, QA Automations tools & approaches, CI/CD processes, Unit Testing
- Integration, programming and API knowledge: REST & SOAP, XML & JSON, Java / Python / Bash or other programming and scripting languages
- Knowledge of other automatic provisioning, monitoring, and auditing servers and applications
- Experience with REDIS, NoSQL, SSO, Federation & IDP solutions, MQs, Log Collection (ELK), Monitoring (Prometheus, etc), Clustering (Kubernates) is advantage.
- Beneficial is experience with Server & Applications Security Compliance (e.g. ISO27K or /PCI)