Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We are currently looking for Customer Technical Support Engineers who have worked in a technical support role in a 24x7 support environment. The technical support engineer should be familiar with ITIL practices and be technically versed in Linux, Java, and SQL environments.
At Snowflake we are passionate about quality - not only of our product, but also of our tools, processes, and the company atmosphere! So, if you care about product correctness and efficiency, if you like to break things (for productive reasons!), and are looking for new challenges, let us know!
We are looking for seasoned customer technical support engineers that enjoy working on a complex, enterprise-grade, high quality product. If you want to make a difference and take pride in building quality into a product from the onset, please contact us to learn more about this exciting and challenging opportunity!
As a Customer Technical Support Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Helping customers solve technical issues with our SaaS data warehouse platform.
- Answering questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities of our platform.
- Documentation of troubleshooting work and solutions into our knowledge base repository.
- Communicating customer needs and wishes via a customer ticketing system.
- Be able to be work in a 24x7 customer support environment.
- Utilize and manage customer-ticketing system.
- Work with Engineering and Sales to prioritize and resolve customer support tickets.
- Provide Level-0, Level-1 and Level-2 support.
Our ideal Customer Technical Support Engineer will have:
- 2-3 years of experience in a technical support environment.
- Hands-on SQL expertise:
- Excellent knowledge of traditional SQL (SQL:92)
- Good knowledge of modern SQL constructs (e.g. SQL:2003, SQL:2008)
- Wide knowledge of SQL datatypes and functions
- Good understanding of data import/export aspectsFamiliarity with multiple SQL systems / dialects is a plus
- Knowledge of DBMS internals - familiarity with different layers of database systems: connectivity/interfaces; query compiler/optimizer; query execution.
- Experience testing specific DBMS features is a plus
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of internet protocols such as SSH, FTP, SFTP & HTTP, as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as traceroute, ping, and dig.
- Strong command line Linux skills. You should have setup and run your own Linux servers before.
- Excellent Windows, Mac & Linux environment troubleshooting ability.
- Experience using ODBC, and JDBC technology in addition to troubleshooting JVM environments.
- Scripting/coding experience in Python, Perl, Bash, and Ruby.
- Understanding of Data Warehouses and Big data environments is a plus.
- The ability to be a good listener, and to really understand a customer problem or question and help them solve it.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Most of your work will be written (email, documentation, etc.).
- Excellent telephone mannerisms. Some support will be provided over the phone (via our VoIP system)
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.