If you enjoy solving complex problems in a fast and efficient way, being on the phone with strategic customers, finding bugs and contributing to online communities, then you have the profile we are looking for!
Your primary role as a client-facing technical and business support professional will be working to meet deadlines with responsive and prompt turnaround times. You will be responsible for all aspects of post sales technical customer satisfaction. When partners or customers experience technical difficulties, you will be the first point of contact. You investigate and resolve cases. When these are product bugs or issues that requires a third line of support, the TSE evaluates and communicates the problem to the Core Engineering Team.
You will serve as a technical liaison between the Customer and the Engineering Team working to ensure the criticality of the problem is fully understood and satisfactorily resolved in a time sensitive manner. By handling technical problems with extreme professional acumen, you will deliver a positive problem-solving experience to Ooyala’s customers.
- Design, implementation, administration, uptime and maintenance of IT infrastructure and operating systems
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software and peripherals
- Maintaining accurate and up to date documentation on the current infrastructure
- Ensuring that mission critical data is backed up as required
- Resolves critical / complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Proactively monitors customer’s technical issues and drives support requests and escalations to a satisfactory resolution
- Escalate and communicate any service related technical incidents, ongoing service interruptions and/or problems to relevant Service Delivery/Support and ensure that ‘fixes’ are understood, documented and communicated to team members
- Resolve incidents in a positive and supportive manner and working effectively with outside vendors to provide high quality and responsive services to Media Logistics Clients
- Work closely with the engineering team to help resolve the bugs and deliver solutions in a timely fashion
- Work effectively with Sales and Customer Success teams to manage and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Lead best practices and improvement projects to continuously enhance support quality and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute regularly to the Knowledge Base and Community, establishing reliable and repeatable processes
- BS in Technology or related field
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on technical support or executive level technical support experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Linux operating system. (Ideally some form a Linux Administration Certification)
- Highly-motivated in customer support services and client satisfaction
- Experience in troubleshooting/debugging complex technical issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Must be able to articulate technical solutions to all audiences
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Programing experience with at least one server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP, Java, C#, Python) is a big plus
- May also require some weekend work
- Extensive hardware experience
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- May require some weekend work
- Strong understanding or experience with web technologies and web development using Java Script, HTML, FTP, SSL, Flash, CSS is a big plus
- Experience with Online Video technologies
- Understanding of Ooyala APIs
- Ability to communicate as a third league is a plus
A global subsidiary of Telstra, Ooyala's comprehensive suite of offerings includes one of the world's largest premium video platforms and a leading ad serving solution. Built with superior analytics capabilities and a strong commitment to customers success, Ooyala's industry-leading solutions help large-scale broadcasters, operators, media companies, enterprises and brands build more engaged and more profitable audiences.
Some of the most successful and innovative media companies in the world—ESPN, Univision, Sky Sports, Foxtel, NBCUniversal, RTL Germany, and Singapore’s Mediacorp—rely on Ooyala.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Ooyala has offices in New York, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, Singapore and Guadalajara, and sales operations in dozens of other countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.ooyala.com.
If this sounds like the place for you, then go ahead, apply, and come work in the future at OOYALA!