Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson’s Technology and Administration Solutions is a global line of business whose revenue is primarily driven from providing outsourced pension administration services to occupational pension funds. Our three largest markets are Germany, UK and US. We have worked with some of the world’s leading organizations for over 25 years to provide benefit administration and outsourcing to over five million participants across the globe.
Managing a team of Administrators, you will be responsible for meeting a monthly rolling schedule of objectives including weekly team reviews, developing skills within the team and managing workload. You will also be expected to maintain and develop your own knowledge of pension schemes.
- Be a point of reference on technical issues and non-standard cases.
- Ensure work allocated is carried out in accordance with:
- Practice guidelines.
- Documented operating procedures.
- Quality standards.
- Performance / Service standards.
- Ensure all work is logged onto and processed through Workflow.
- Must be able to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Monitor own workflow and that of junior associates via Workflow to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Take the lead in more complex/project work when required.
- Build and maintain technical, procedures and client knowledge through experience.
- Challenge procedures to identify process improvements and pass on recommendations to Administration Manager.
- Work with the Administration Manager to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs e.g. automation, full use of standard procedures.
- Ensure team members are fully informed of:
- Current events.
- Procedural changes.
- Benefit changes.
- Initiate and manage automated calculation system projects.
- Ensure your client databases are complete, accurate and standard.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all systems and products to include
- PMS 6000
- Microsoft packages (Outlook/Excel/Word)
- Understand your role in the team and understand the roles of others in the team.
- Encourage teamwork by sharing knowledge, ideas and solutions.
- Contribute to associate training and development.
- Manage the junior associates to make sure that work is dealt with efficiently and within deadlines.
- Be responsible for the team members' performance reviews.
- Assist with recruitment and selection process.
- Hold weekly team meetings.
- Ensure an efficient, professional service is provided to meet all client/members' needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand.
- On an on going basis be the principal contact the client, and maintain and develop client relationships.
- Communicate effectively with client/members via the telephone, remembering each caller will have a different level of understanding. Record each call as they occur.
- Develop good written communication skills to deal with more complex queries and requests.
- Ensure all communications are dealt with within defined quality and service standards.
- Analyse client/member feedback, suggest improvements and report to Administration Manager and/or Client Manager as appropriate.
- Analyse areas where the service to clients/members could be improved and put forward recommendations to Administration Manager and/or Client Manager as appropriate.
- Gather and analyse individual complaints received and produce report for Administration Manager.
- In conjunction with the Administration Manager, ensure that all delivery promises and performance standards are achieved.
- Ensure Administration Guides are kept up to date.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all work in time recording system.
- Ensure all work is logged out of Workflow correctly for billing purposes.
- Maintain 70 - 75% chargeability target
- Identify in advance with Administration Manager non standard events through work planning to ensure all work is charged, in particular, requests and projects outside the agreed fee basis.
- Prepare monthly fee invoice by the dates set by Finance.
- Liaise with Administration Manager over resources, workflow and client expectations.
- Display good time management skills and demonstrate ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Demonstrate commitment by ensuring that targets and deadlines are met.