Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
The Human Resources function supports all dimensions of the work experience at Willis Towers Watson. We attract, enable and align the best talent in our industry to deliver outstanding results for the company. We strive to make a difference for our business and all Willis Towers Watson colleagues by:
- offering effective programs;
- providing strategic advice to region and segment leaders in support of their business goals, and;
- delivering quality HR services to the organization.
Attend Country Executive meetings and advice management on all activities and issues relating to HR including reporting regularly on state of projects and activities. Work with the Latin America HR Head as well with the Country Head, and Executive team to plan activities, priorities, resources and budget required to design and implement various HR projects and interventions.
Work in Partnership with the Latin America HR head and Executive as a true business partner, to develop specific People strategy for Mexico in accordance with the overall International People strategy. Support the Country Executive to develop a culture where Associates are aware of how their individual roles contribute to the overall team/group result. Provide active leadership in partnership with business leadership teams, on HR issues such as reward, recruitment, employee relations, talent, performance, organization development/change, culture, leadership and learning and development.
Build a professional, high performing, client focused HR team that will be able to support the growth plans for the country. Provide HR Leadership which motivates, encourages and develops a professional, collaborative and service focused HR team.
Partnership of the recruitment strategy with the TA team from graduate through to experienced hiring. Develop an understanding of the business recruitment needs for the country.
Partnering with the Country Executive to agree training initiatives and working with the HR team regarding sourcing and implementation of appropriate training and development initiatives that contribute to improving individual and organization effectiveness and also to ensure regulatory requirements. To ensure that training is aligned with Group as far as appropriate. A key objective for the successful candidate will be to take the International Career Framework and to develop this further for Associates in country, providing Colleagues with a vision of how a long term career can be developed at WTW.
Track internal salary levels against market trends with the partnership of the Compensation Expert. Make suitable recommendations to ensure retention of quality employees and the achievement of business plan objectives. Advise management on salaries using market data when hiring new staff.
Support the Country in the design of the organization structure and culture with pro-active HR strategies, clear and accurate employee information and critical path management of initiatives. Takes a proactive role in the development of the country People Strategy and lead the implementation of this and other major change, within the Business.
Partnering with the Country Executive to promote and monitor excellent employee relations through robust communication practices across the region. Process sound knowledge of employment legislation and practices. Accurately advise on the rights and obligations of employer and employee arising from the contract of employment and associated local legislation. Ensure that grievance and disciplinary procedures are effectively managed and that they follow consistent and fair practice. Act as a consultant to line management on employee relations issues such as sickness, absence, maternity, performance, visa and work permit issues.
Ensure HR team provides accurate data/input to payroll team to ensure that Associates are paid on time and accurately.
Lead the implementation of processes which enable managers to systematically identify performance short comings, define clear short and longer term actions for improvement and take appropriate remedial steps when negative trends are identified.
The HR Partner may be required to participate on cross functional projects with their peer group from other parts of the world e.g. on HR policy, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a relevant post graduate qualification and professional certification in Human Resources
- Between 5-10 years in a strategic HR Partner role, with 3-5 years in country managerial position
- Leads and supports team to achieve results
- Created or developed high performing HR function
- Ensures that the people they lead work together and are provided with the resources and motivational support needed
- Measures success through the success of others
- Gains respect and is trusted by the country Head and Executive team as a leader in all things related to HR.
- Ability to quickly establish trust with senior leaders to provide interventions and counsel as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times in all aspects of the role.
- Experience of dealing with a complex and highly demanding client base working in multi-functional teams, based in different locations
- Gains respect and is trusted by the Regional HR Head as a leader for an HR function, in tune with the needs of the region.
- Maintains and builds effective working relationships with a network of contacts outside of the country.
- Good understanding of the business environment in which Country operates and the effective application of business processes
- Develops an understanding of the key people within country and the International business unit and Group
- Prior experience of developing and implementing a talent management strategy to raise the bar and upgrade capability
- Up to date knowledge and experience of employment in country. Deals effectively with difficult employee relations issues
- Solid understanding of compensation methodology e.g. job matching, salary benchmarking, salary surveys, some experience in developing compensation models, such as sales compensation plans would be beneficial
- Solid understanding of management superannuation schemes, other benefit schemes etc.
- Track record in managing, leading and enabling the process of change and transition while helping others deal with their effects
- Experience of leading business restructuring to address cultural issues and build organizational capability and/or managing the people implications
- Questions conventional approaches and explores alternatives, provides suggestions for better way of doing things
- PC literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, Power point, etc.
- Experience of having worked in either Financial or Professional Services environment or similar would be an advantage although not essential
- Knowledge of the insurance and consultancy industry would be beneficial
- Knowledge or certification in LEAN, Six Sigma or a project management methodology (e.g. Prince 2) would be beneficial
- Experience of having conducted merger & acquisitions and worked in joint venture environments would be an advantage
- Fluency in Spanish and English is essential