Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Human Capital Analytics Analyst III (Data Science) position is responsible for serving as a highly innovative agent of advanced analytics. This position will help shape and build a best in class data science functionality for the Human Capital Analytics Team. The position responsibilities include designing, executing, and providing analysis for experiments, studies and surveys. In addition, this position will build predictive models and other statistical analyses to create actionable client insight. The position will also be responsible for supporting specific business stakeholders by collecting, analyzing, and providing insight on human capital data and metrics.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the team's subject matter expert for initiatives and projects related to data science.
- Design, execute, and provide analysis for experiments, studies, and surveys.
- Leverage expert analytics knowledge and experience with statistical programming to define, design, build and enhance predictive models and other statistical analyses to extract usable knowledge and generate data driven analytics.
- Aggregate HR management information reports and provide other ad-hoc analytics as required.
- Work proactively and independently with HR and business stakeholders to perform analysis of relevant workforce metrics, uncover and interpret trends in data, and produce substantiated recommendations.
- Communicate analytical findings to non-technical audiences in a way that influences HR and business leadership on decision making.
- Develop training and support materials to inform HR and business stakeholders
- Support HR Management in developing relevant HR metrics to ensure continuous alignment of the design of all HR programs with organizational objectives and track progress against the organization's and HR's strategies
- Create regular and ad-hoc reports, data mining, data consulting and other data analysis as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Masters preferred in one of the following fields (Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, Industrial Organizational Psychology).
- 4+ years of related experience delivering predictive models, experiments, studies and surveys that drive business decisions and improve business outcomes
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge in analytical techniques (e.g., decision trees, regression, unstructured data analysis)
- Proficiency with R Studio and preferably applying R inside Alteryx
- Experience applying statistical concepts
- Experience in survey design, administration, and analysis
- Ability to present findings to multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrable partnership and influencing skills
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience with Python
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Office of the CFO
2-Mid Level (4-7 Years)
Read Full Description