What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
We write great research and excite our clients everyday - on the phone, on stage or face-to-face. Cyber security and digitalbusiness create a tremendous demand for research and adviceand we arelooking for individuals who will help us help our clients.
A Research Director for Endpoint Protection, Detectionand Response will advise clients on how to select and deploy technology thatsecures information processes at the workplace, with a particular focus onsupporting business objectives. The role divides time among the followingresponsibilities: client inquiry (including research to answer inquiries),publishing research (text and presentations), in-the-field sales and clientsupport, and administration. Exceptional writing, analytic, public speaking,and social skills are required.
A Research Director in the Digital Workplace Securityteam will apply in-depth knowledge of endpoint protection technologies,vendors, and deployment best practices. There will be a focus on providingadvice to clients on evaluation, selection, and deployment for the followingtechnologies:
- Endpoint protection platforms
- Endpoint forensics, detection and response technology
- Application Control
- Anti-virus/anti-malware, container technologies, host-based intrusion and detection
- Behavior-based analytics and machine learning
- Knowledge and understanding of the Data Loss Prevention, Encryption, Mobile Device Management, Cloud Security markets and othernear-neighbortechnologies and markets is also a plus.
In your new role, you will:
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Create specified written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients (at least 8 documents per year, a couple of pages each, targeting IT leaders).
- Respond to 300-400 client inquiries per year, providing individualized advice to IT user clients (CIOs, CISOs, security managers) or vendor clients (product development and marketing).
- Present at 4-5 Gartner conferences per year as an industry expert.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written), including the ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- 6-10 yearswork experience in relevant corporate or professional service organization, solving user problems in IT security.
- Ideal candidates will have experience managing an endpoint protection deployment for a large enterprise, or product development or management for a vendor.
- Understanding of how these technologies and practices are developing and to help clients with their vendor selection process - and assist vendors in overall market positioning
- Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis.
- A good understanding of Windows OS and other endpoint operating systems
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
Job Requisition ID:G16846
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.