Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
Naturally, we are also embracing the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday life and it is our ambition to become a leader in the development and operation of such of vehicles. Thanks to our network with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy and Artificial Intelligence a safe reality.
By joining the Autonomous Tech group, you will have the opportunity as a founding team member to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions enabling the revolution of transportation and information.
About the Role
Lyft is building one of the world's leading simulation engines and frameworks for testing and validating Lyft's Level 5 autonomous vehicle technology. As the Product Manager for Simulation, you will be responsible for leading and defining the product for the entire Simulation initiative.
- Work with Lyft's mapping team to ingest maps, point clouds and sensor data to build a realistic simulation environment
- Discover ways to break Lyft's virtual AVs, by developing challenging driving scenarios and permutation thereof
- Work with the facilities team to extend simulations into the real world
- Devise a scalable approach that enables high-fidelity rendering, eg: virtual streets, pedestrians, vehicles, weather, buildings, cities, etc.
- Emulate sensor failure mode and explore their edge cases
- Work with the engineering team to build dynamic physical representations of real world moving objects
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- +4 years of Product Management experience
- BS in computer science, applied mathematics or equivalent
- Experience in delivering gaming products (virtual worlds, vehicle racing)
- Working knowledge of engines, eg: Unity and Unreal, and simulation
- Avid Lyft user
- Experience building and scaling a successful startup from the ground up
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.