We’re a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
A day in the life…
As a Retail Management Intern, you’ll play a dual role—part dedicated student, part fashion expert. In this 8 week internship, you’ll…
- Gain hands-on experience while spending the majority of the internship working on our sales floor and the rest of your time learning business and management skills in a variety of settings
- Hone your selling skills on the sales floor by delivering amazing service to customers who have a passion for following the latest fashion trends
- Share your knowledge and excitement about the latest in fashion, from traditional to trendy
- Develop the skills to tell it like it is in the dressing room by giving honest feedback and guidance to customers on style and fit.
- Help customers get the most bang for their buck by offering and opening Nordstrom RewardsTM accounts for them
- Be an active part of your team by doing your part to keep the department “runway ready,” which includes stocking, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and light cleaning
- Build relationships with customers who have a passion for fashion by attending to their individual shopping needs
- Meet department, store and individual productivity goals
- Rub elbows with some of our top performers and leaders at meet-and-greets, management meetings and training classes
- Jumpstart your career and prepare you to move into an assistant department manager role. At Nordstrom we promote from within and those retail interns that successfully complete the program and show us that they have what it takes to be a leader will be eligible to apply for an assistant department manager position
- Earn a competitive wage and a fabulous employee discount
You own this if you…
- Are graduating from college in 2018 or 2019
- Are eager to put your retail fashion career on the fast track to a management role
- Can’t wait to take on stylish goals
- Build great relationships through stellar communication and follow-through
- Can keep a calm head when dealing with customer concerns
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment thanks to your ace organizational skills and ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures
- Are able to quickly establish rapport with customers in order to drive sales
- Have the flexibility to work additional and/or different hours based on changing needs of the business – including additional training and intern meetings
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position. The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs. Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Full Line Store
12/04/2017, 5:01:00 AM