Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Servers, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
Serves as the business sales lead for an enterprise account or other large accounts, and may also act as the account lead for a substantial area of a Corporate Account. Understands a client’s critical business priorities and supporting IT challenges and requirements. Focuses on driving value for the client, while maximising competitive share, revenue, and margin for the company. Identifies, qualifies, and closes new business that results in substantial incremental revenue and margins to the company in addition to maintaining and expanding existing product and solution offerings. Responsible for representing company’s portfolio of products and services in a concise, relevant way that resonates with customers and highlights company’s key competitive strengths to drive a purchase decision. Accountable for achieving sales goals. May coordinate the overall account management activities with other company Business Organisations. May also be supported by pre-sales, product/service specialists and inside sales support resources. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside ‘the company’s’ offices.
- Builds strong professional working C-level relationships with the client.
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility with key client executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other company resources to strengthen company's relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Researches and understands the client's industry.
- Deeply understands client business strategies and challenges.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to client leaders, aggressively shapes deals early in the sales cycle.
- Advances opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning company capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Leverages existing engagements and run-rate business to seed and grow new opportunities.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in company conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow the company's presence and share in the account over a 1-3 year time horizon.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Manages a balanced pipeline representing all of the businesses being pursued.
- Engages in the Relationship Assessment Program (RAP) where possible.
- Implements TCE initiatives that improve the customer loyalty index.
- Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in company share, revenues, and margin.
- Represents the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Facilitates/engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR).
- Proactively protects the company's position and claims company leadership positions in strategic and emerging solution areas.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates and delivery of selected deals.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques.
- Participates in/drives account Team Management.
- Orchestrates all the company's resources and sponsorship essential for executing the account business plan.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Proactively engages executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship and favorably positions long-term business opportunities for the company.
- Engages company sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage the company's portfolio.
- Proactively engages partners to define and pursue joint growth opportunities with the account.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs, drive industry mindshare, and facilitate solution development.
- Drives the account internationally/Globally.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Typically 8 -15 years of Account management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Uses consultative, solution selling and business development skills at the CXO level to align the client's business needs with the company's solutions.
- Builds strong CXO level relationships, especially working with executives in lines of business.
- Negotiates at the CXO level.
- Adept at advanced sales negotiations and positioning.
- solution value under pricing pressures from customer IT and procurement professionals. - proactive presentation of value solutions.
- Focuses on key business challenges and drives to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor at the IT executive and business manager level.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Identifies and effectively leads the account team to ensure coordinated, efficient, account management, and accountability for achieving business results.
- Uses financial-selling techniques with the client and company internal to position value and advance sales motions.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the executive level.
- Manages end-to-end sales processes in large deals.
- Adheres to SBC and company's code of ethics.
- Deep knowledge of the vertical industry and the client's position, challenges and strategy within the industry including security, risk and compliance issues.
- Keeps abreast of trends and lead discussions with IT on strategic directions and linking discussions.
- Strong knowledge of the company's breadth of solutions and engages specialist resources as needed.
- Easily applies IT and/or industry solution, product, service knowledge to solving business challenges.
- Uses expertise in speciality, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving speciality sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates a successful ability to leverage company's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Expert in the sale of IT services and outsourcing.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first : We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action : We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart : We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.