Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Business Development Manager for tourism vertical role and developing and implementing strategic business plan for penetrating the tourism vertical.
- Business Development Manager for tourism vertical role is a critical component of the PayPal Merchant Services team.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans to penetrate and acquire tourism vertical and managing existing hotels and tours etc directly
- Develop strong understanding of a variety of services that Merchants would utilize together with PayPal (i.e. online booking, reservation system, online payment gateway services etc) and curate innovative and unique solutions to create “win-win” with customers
- Drives communication and negotiation with high-level executives and represent the company in sales meetings and contract negotiations with Merchants.
- The individual will also execute various initiatives e.g. network building within Tourism industries (Tours, Hotels, Aggregators etc), create speeches / presentations to a group of people, and gather articles to identify segments to be targeted.
- Manage a portfolio and create sales leads and develop business opportunities within the portfolio of accounts assigned.
- Develop network to reach targeted Merchants, maintain strong client relationships with executive level decision makers with Large Merchants and key industry partners and government agencies.
- Implementing best practice value selling and account management systems and processes.
- Ongoing contact point with merchants for major issues about contract, joint Marketing, Product, Integration, and / or Operation.
- Responsible to meet and exceed financial and other targets set for individual and the team.
- Primary point of contact/liaison with internal key contacts (Sales, Marketing, Integration, Product, Operations, Finance, Legal, Risk, Compliance etc) for Merchant problem resolutions.
- Possess deep insight and broad knowledge of the evolving tourism industry and payments landscape.
- Experienced in consultative payments solution selling to corporate customers, consultative selling and/or contract negotiation is preferred
- Proven success record in Business Development and / or Corporate Sales is preferred.
- Essential practical business experience with internal stakeholder management across geographical boundaries.
- Experienced in plotting acquisition scenario for targeted Merchants, conducting Customer / Partner meetings, negotiate commercial terms / contract documents, and close deals in timely manner.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills.
Competencies and Skills:
- Able to work and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and results orientated organization.
- Ability to work in virtual and multi-national teams, build relationships, and work effectively as a part of a team
- Negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders is required.
- Achieving business goals by establishing priorities, actions, milestones, and constraints in a logical sequence checking progress against these plans.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills required for both internal and external communication.
- Ensures that information is correctly processed and that work complies with relevant internal and external regulatory and policy requirements
- Recommend a course of action by understanding the position of others and presenting arguments, facts and figures in a way they will find most persuasive
- Puts personal energy and commitment into a piece of work by looking at ways to meet and exceed challenging performance standards and targets.
- Willingness to learn, analytical ability, and results orientated Results oriented, self-motivated and a “hands on” person with proven ability to meet objectives and targets.
- High work ethic and integrity a must
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.