Under the direction of the District Manager, The Personal Care Specialist for the Program is responsible for managing on- boarding of patients in a given geographical area. The individual will work directly with patients and liaise with Field Case Managers who will work closely with the patients’ physicians to provide proactive and seamless services with respect to the program. The resulting objective of this superior and proactive service will be increased patient enrollment in the program and improved patient outcomes.
This program deals with immunology.
1. Be the primary contact person for patients
2. Be a reimbursement expert in his/her assigned caseload territory.
3. Ensures coordination of patient services in a timely manner resulting in a quick and continued access to therapy
4. Performs a welcome call to gather information and introduce each patient to the program
5. Educates the patient on program services, including but not limited to injection training, pharmacy options, and reimbursement support
6. Manages all aspects of public and private coverage as well as additional financial assistance if applicable
7. Regularly interacts with insurance companies, and patients to provide optimal reimbursement support
8. Works collaboratively with other team members in varying roles, to coordinate the patient journey and ensure patient on-boarding
9. Coordinates and manage all aspects required in order to obtain and maintain prescription drug coverage for patients
10. Coordinate cases with insurance companies, physician’ offices and healthcare professionals in order to maximize reimbursement solutions
11. Ensures coordination of patient services in a timely manner
12. Acquire in depth knowledge of public/private and federal funding mechanisms.
13. Coordination of prescriptions (initial and renewal)
14. Ad hoc duties as assigned
1. Strong analytical skills including interpretation of regulation and legislation.
2. Ability to communicate and comprehend medical information
3. Demonstrated teamwork abilities
4. Ability to make decisions using sound judgment.
5. Ability to work autonomously and in a remote setting.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
7. Excellent communication skills
8. Good negotiating skills
9. Strong attention to detail
10. Strong sense of urgency
11. Ability to cope with increases in workload
12. Ability to communicate effectively with different types of clients
13. Ability to proficiently use computer and good knowledge of Microsoft Office
14. Work with a keyboard
15. View a computer screen for long periods of time
16. Must be able to work from home and have a home based office space
17. Office space must accommodate equipment supplied by ABSG
18. Work environment must accommodate “work-with days” with District