We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist with a versatile skill set to undertake data science supporting the development of next-generation products and service for Acxiom’s business. You should be a combination of data artist, research scientist, and design thinker. This role will be based in our Redwood City, CA office.
Acxiom Labs is Acxiom’s product research and development group, reporting directly to the CEO. We look beyond the current business and technology stacks to identify disruptive technologies or business models that can pave the road for Acxiom’s next billion-dollar business. We act as a small startup within a large company, which means you need to be comfortable with uncertainty, independently curious, and tenacious enough to work through hard-to-conceptualize
problems, flexible to change direction quickly, and versatile enough to switch between different kinds of tasks. Once a clear goal is defined, you’ll need to tap into your creative spirit, marry it with your analytical genius, and generate useful models that demonstrate the utility and efficacy of our product ideas.
The Data Scientist will be immersed in the latest, greatest software applications and intelligent devices. You will help conceive and then construct prototypes of intelligent applications based around Acxiom’s data platform and existing Acxiom services. Once a product idea is defined, you get to bring your creativity with data to the design process through hypothesis development, data preparation, model creation, analysis and visualization of outcomes, and integration of models into proof-of-concept products. You will be responsible for communicating the results and implications of your analytical work to the team as well as upper management and executives in the form of internal whitepapers and as scientific publications in external research journals. Because our products are all born from creative uses of data in support of new lines of business and services, your contributions will critically influence our products’ and Acxiom’s overall business success.
What you will do:
- Participate with other team members to create new product concepts and designs for consideration by Lab’s staff, as well as Acxiom executives, sales teams, and clients.
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms from areas a diverse as finance, operations, pharmaceutical science, neuroscience, and astrophysics to produce new uses for our and our clients’ data.
- Implement data collection processes within Acxiom’s internal systems in support of long-term machine-learning project plans and devise heuristics and procedures for creating informative, structured datasets of the data.
- Build, evaluate and optimize the models which incorporate artificial intelligence into proof-of-concept products
- Work with engineers to transition development projects to production systems.
Skills You Have:
- Data-driven thinking
- Facile with linear algebra, probability & statistics, and data science tools on large datasets. These include solid knowledge of supervised vs. unsupervised learning algorithms, including neural networks/deep learning, SVM, decision trees (bagging, random forests, boosting), clustering, regression, and dimensionality reduction techniques.
- Exposure to Python or R libraries for machine learning, web app services, scraping, including pandas, numpy, sklearn, Tensorflow, Keras, NLTK, etc.
- Expert applying model evaluation approaches (k-fold CV, learning curves, F-scores, R-squared, etc.)
- Experienced with hyperparameter tuning such as optimizing the objective function, tuning learning rates, shallow/deep layer decisions.
- Deep knowledge of model training approaches (dropout, holdout sets, feature imbalance correction, regularization)
- Extensive experience with data preparation (normalization, scaling, etc.) for modeling
- knowledge of Unix shell scripting
- Exposure to Spark/ PySpark systems in a cloud-based distributed computing environment
- SQL mastery, including techniques for writing efficient code over large datasets.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure ML environment, incorporating R scripts.
- Experience using Hadoop stack, including Hive, Pig, HDFS, and Livy. Knowledge of Apache-based open source technologies such as Storm, Cassandra, Ruby, etc. a plus
- Experience/knowledge of other tools like RapidMiner, WEKA, H2o, Trifacta, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What will set you apart:
- Proficiency in Shanghainese, Mandarin or Cantonese
*This role will be based in our Redwood City, CA Office.
Primary Location City/State:
Redwood City, California
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Information about Acxiom
Acxiom’s expertise managing consumer data drives on-line, off-line and mobile marketing decisions for more than 7,000 global clients with worldwide annual revenue of $1.4 billion.
Interested in Acxiom? Learn about our Equal Opportunities, job postings, and more:
Follow Us on Twitter
Find Us on Facebook
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.