At Cambridge Associates, our people are our greatest assets. The dedicated and experienced people at our firm come from a variety of professional backgrounds, bringing new perspective and ideas to our work. But what really makes our firm unique is our colleagues’ collaborative spirit. Professionals at our firm are not just focused on their own success. We look for professionals who demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and who want to contribute to a collegial, collaborative, intelligent, and hard-working team.
Our Investment Support team is responsible for supporting the firm’s client-facing Investment Directors of all levels across Global Investment Services. The Assistant Manager will work with the Office Manager to lead and support the strategic and project management initiatives of the Investment Support team. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for managing a team of employees across all levels, inclusive of on-boarding oversight, performance management, talent development, coaching and career progression. In addition, this individual will lead strategic initiatives, partner with the Office Manager, Directors and other firm leaders to ensure that needs are aligned and met, and complete other special projects.
- With support of the Office Manager, provides oversight and management of the team’s 20+ Administrative Assistants. This includes:
- Managing and leading the team’s training program (on-boarding and continuous),
- Overseeing hiring and on-boarding of Administrative Assistants,
- Coordinating and delivering semi-annual performance reviews; ensuring consistency of review messaging, compensation, and career paths across team.
- Collect, synthesize and deliver director and peer feedback for admins in formal reviews
- Leads annual performance review meetings and partners with Team Leaders to manage annual goals.
- Monitoring, evaluating and supporting staffs’ on-going professional development.
- Addressing employee relations issues as they arise.
- Collaborate with the Team Leaders to help oversee the Goals process and mentor/mentee program.
- With input from Team Leaders and team members, support process improvement and best practice initiatives for the department.
- Monitor and ensure adequate coverage levels for Investment Directors.
- Coordinate interdepartmental initiatives, including liaising with IT business partners and GIS peers.
- Manage risks, issues and change to keep projects and initiatives on track.
- Manage or collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet project and departmental goals.
- Seeks out new projects and initiatives through the collection and synthesizing of information/data from constituents in an effort to support on-going and consistently strong team performance and high level of firm contribution.
- Create and update department process documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business or management degree is preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience; preferably in a professional services environment
- 3+ years of progressive employee management experience; including recruiting, career development, evaluating performance, and addressing employee relations issues
- Direct management experience of a large team is preferred
- Strong listening and communication skills suited for a broad range of audiences and individuals
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to quickly build and sustain positive relationships
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity and work effectively through it
- Ability to lead others through difficult conversations and business process redesign
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, while delivering high-quality outcomes
- Demonstrated project management experience; knowledge of specific project management methodologies a plus
- Discretion with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills