|Title||WMS Business Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Description||Reports to: IT Director, Supply Chain & Logistics
This position contributes to the overall success of Vineyard Vines. We are looking to hire a well-organized, talented and enthusiastic candidate to join our team. This candidate should be proactive in their approach, look for opportunities to improve upon existing structures and find creative ways to utilize best practices. This individual will be a dedicated resource who will be working closely with business users, management & IT group to analyze, define requirements, and ensure appropriate technical solutions. He/she will participate in the design phase well as execute critical testing and development for priority project implementations as well as be responsible for daily support to the business users.
Functions & Responsibilities:
• Work with stakeholders to specify, design and select information systems that deliver great value to the organization.
• Partner with the organization to understand organization and departmental strategy and agree information systems solutions to meet needs.
• Troubleshoot various systems when issues arise, identify root cause, bring to resolution and long term solution
• Maintain an awareness of business solutions particularly in the area of collaboration, document management that might support vineyard vines mission.
• Investigate information systems that might benefit vineyard vines.
• Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
• Develop and maintain a model of vineyard vines’ current and future Application Architecture. .
• A lead on the team in exploiting technology and use knowledge of IT solutions to drive organizational change and support business process design.
• Understand and support to software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions
• Estimate cost, and prepare business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
• Work with the Project Managers and Programmer Analysts to develop high level project schedule resource plans for implementation projects.
• Responsible for and oversee programming and coding assignments on a regular basis
• Responsible for issues and problems monitoring.
• Participate in the regular coverage for an on-call support and problems resolution for production systems
• Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
• Take on ad-hoc projects as needed
• Experience working in an iSeries (AS/400) environment
• Experience working in WMS/WMOS is a plus
• Excellent analytical skills. Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to manage change and effectively lead by example in testing fixes and enhancements and adhering to SDLC principles.
• Ability to prepare/maintain design documents and specifications to be presented to the customer
• Ability to prepare test plans and assist in the system test and quality assurance process.
• Demonstrated ability to write concise project documentation
• Ability to work closely with users and deal with them in a professional manner
• 5-10 years experience of application design
• 5+ years of programming experience in RPG or equivalent is a plus
• 5+ year SQL working experience required
• Bachelor's degree with a specialization in computer science or related field preferred
• Microsoft Office Suite, Google, SQL,
• Ability to interface Client/Server applications as related to the iSeries
• Highly organized
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to learn quickly and efficiently to meet the demands of multiple stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal communication
• Ability to plan, manage time, and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Organizational and time management skills are essential as well as the ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
• Competition and industry awareness
• Commitment to career growth of self and others
• Team focused, confident, and professional
• Creative, adaptable, entrepreneurial and driven by integrity
• Leads by example
• Excellent organizational skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
• Passion for the vineyard vines brand
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude
|Send This Job to a Friend|