You can submit your information by uploading a Resume/CV or your LinkedIn profile. If you do not upload a LinkedIn profile or a Resume/CV, you will need to complete the online submission manually.
Finance Manager India & SEA
The finance manager partners with the India&SEA manager and supports the operations by protecting the company assets and ensuring compliance with local regulations and Cepheid policies.
Key Purpose and Accountabilities:
- The finance manager partners with the India&SEA manager and supports the operations by protecting the company assets and ensuring compliance with local regulations and Cepheid policies.
Financial Planning & Analysis – Business Support
- Operational support to the country (ies) of operation, including tight cost control, pricing / margin control and budget/forecast accuracy
- Review all the contracts and control minimum pricing levels. Escalate when margins are below acceptable levels ; follow up bidding process and ensure that pricing is satisfactory
- Be an active member of the local Management team, ensure that all decisions follow the Ethics Policy and are the most cost effective
- Support promptly Management on ad hoc requests
- Explain monthly results to the local managers
- Provide guidance on financial matters to the local management team and ensure that input of regional and corporate resources on taxes, treasury matters, risk management, accounting and internal control is obtained when needed.
- Coordinate budget and monthly forecast to ensure accuracy of the numbers reported in the software package with the figures approved by the Management team.
- Responsible for the Revenue forecasting and reporting for India & SEA Region
- Responsible for the Opex & Headcount forecasting and reporting for APAC Region
- Work with the business to deliver the Revenue and margin/OMX targets for Cepheid India/SEA
Internal Controls & Accounting
- Responsible for the monthly close of the India entity in accordance with US GAAP and the calendar published by the EMEA Shared Service in France while ensuring proper maintenance of statutory financials. This includes interacting with Corporate Accounting, EMEA Shared Service, external accounting firms and external auditors
- Perform checks in the following areas to ensure proper recording of entries in the books
- Warranty, Inventory and Receivables reserves
- Revenue recognition
- Answer promptly to all questions from the EMEA Shared Service and liaise with the appropriate people within the organization (Operations, Sales) to give necessary answers
- Protect the company assets by keeping a tight control over the balance sheet, in particular in the working capital area
- Review the balance sheet on a regular basis
- Discuss and take action on exposures and excess provisions (i.e. plan for selling obsolete inventory, accelerate collections)
- Review random physical checks of the assets to verify the amounts input in the balance sheet
- Optimize the cash flow balances
- Monitor the receivables balances and chase DSO
- Monitor and control the inventory purchases
- Chase and report excessive cost spending
- Full compliance with local regulations and company policies
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.