L-3 Unmanned Systems is a rapidly growing division specializing in the innovative design, test and manufacture of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Our staff has led or supported the development and deployment of multiple advanced technology systems for a variety of key government customers. If you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding UAVs that perform vital missions, then L-3 may be the company for you. We invite you to consider a position on our creative and highly motivated team in Ashburn, Virginia.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
The ideal applicant for this position will have a minimum of ten years of experience working on team design projects in a senior technical role, and a strong passion for engineering. This position requires a strong knowledge of the mechanical design process, and the ability to effectively communicate engineering concepts, costs, and risks to program managers and other members of the management staff. The applicant must be comfortable performing complex CAD modeling and simulation tasks, and able to oversee these tasks when performed by others. The applicant must be highly knowledgeable of the technical aspects of mechanical engineering and design process in order to build trust with the management team when acting as a program lead engineer or cost account manager.
- Act as functional or program lead engineer
- Act as cost account manager for mechanical products and projects
- Provide labor estimates for engineering proposals
- Participate in defining and deriving product requirements
- Design mechanical components and assemblies to meet product requirements
- Assemble, install, diagnose, and modify mechanical systems
- Interface with fabrication and assembly technicians
- Interface with other engineering groups, particularly Electrical and Aero, to develop designs based on requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience working in an engineering development environment
- Experience acting in functional lead or program lead engineer roles
- Experience with Earned Value (EV) Management techniques, preferably in a Cost Account Manager role
- 5+ years of experience using PTC Creo (Pro/E). Experience with Solidworks or other 3D CAD software may be considered. Strong CAD design skills are a requirement for this position.
- Experience with PLM tools, such as PTC Windchill
- Experience with aircraft structural design is strongly desired
- Experience with environmental qualification testing is strongly desired
- Experience with creation of Engineering Bills of Material (EBOM) during quick-turn development phases
- Proficiency with fabrication and assembly techniques. The ability to assemble and modify complex assemblies is required.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills to facilitate communications with team members, customers, and senior leadership
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, decision-making and problem solving skills
- US citizenship and active Secret clearance are required. Possession of a current Top Secret clearance is highly desirable. Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI is mandatory.
L-3 Unmanned Systems offers a competitive benefits package that includes: paid holidays and personal time off; medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; long- and short-term disability insurance; company-paid life insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; tuition assistance, and a merit bonus plan.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this labor category. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
L-3 Unmanned Systems in an equal opportunity employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. We maintain a drug-free workplace, and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply at https://www.l3t.com/careers/job-search/. Enter Job Code 092377
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Division - Unmanned Systems-21002427
Nov 30, 2017, 4:31:38 PM