Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
A changing healthcare landscape creates new opportunities. With our combined understanding of regulation and risk, behavioural insights and technology platforms, we create innovative exchange-based services and solutions that enable people to navigate options with confidence, and give employers decision-making peace of mind.
Overview of the role:
This role will be an integral part of a global team that will deliver technical solutions in a quality and efficient manner to clients around the world.
The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test role at Willis Towers Watson serves as an integral member of a global Agile Product Development team to design, build, test and deliver Willis Towers Watson’s technology products to our external or internal clients. As an SDET, you will support product releases to clients through software deployment, issue investigation/resolution and software testing.
• Participates in the development of solutions to solve our clients' Human Resources needs in a team-based environment.
• Analyzes plan documentation and business processes.
• Develops comprehensive test plans for project implementations.
• Performs unit and comprehensive testing with system developers for overall quality assurance of functional and technical quality of deliverables.
• Provides ongoing technical support.
• Defines and updates system tables as needed.
• Ensures the system performs according to client approved specifications.
• Tracks the project status and communicates status to project manager or lead consultant or to client as appropriate.
• Maintains project issues log to track ongoing items for review and resolution by project team.
• Assists with coordination and scheduling of project team resources.
• Alerts lead consultants or project manager about out-of-scope work in a timely manner.
• Works with team to identify project deliverables and meets established deadlines.
• Assists in developing standardized work processes, tools, and methodologies that improve quality and profitability
• Follows line of business processes and protocols for the deployment of base solutions
• Participates in line of business sessions and teams as requested
• Works closely with Development Team members in a partnership to deliver the best results to the client.
• Participates in business analyst meetings and consistently promotes teamwork in all daily activities
• Communicates effectively with internal clients and project teams.
• Attends team or internal client meetings as appropriate to present project specifications or report project status.
• Assists project manager or other lead consultant in determining and monitoring overall project direction, scope, work plans, and budgets.
• Assists in determining requirements for estimating new project budgets.